It's done! Well almost, it still needs buttons or some other kind of closure. The pattern calls for snaps I guess, but with over 2500 project on ravelry it looks like they run the gamut. I didn't make a button hole though, which maybe I should have, because I don't have a particular button(s) I plan on using yet. I spent some time over the weekend staring down the button selections at all the yarn shops we stopped in, but couldn't make up my mind. Maybe it's just one of those things I need to sit on for a few days after finishing the bulk of the work!
You might be wondering if I ever went through with any of those smaller projects I posted about a few weekends ago. I did get a false start on the Saartje Booties, which I frogged. I was using yellow and brown, which looked giraffe-y. Which cold be fine, ultimately, but didn't seem like the place to start. I decided I had plenty of yarn so I should make something a little bigger and then use the scraps. Perhaps create more of a baby ensemble. I was also finding that the Saartje booties had a lot of loose ends and seaming involved with them. But all of this doesn't mean I won't try them again soon, I probably will.
Pattern: I keep calling this a baby smoking jacket. It looks pretty cozy. It's actually a free pattern The Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss.
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Taupe, I even checked and had gauge on this one so I hope that means it does fit at some point in the 3-6 month age range!
I'm happy with how it turned out, and I'm kind of proud of my seams on this one. It's something I always struggle with and don't enjoy doing, but I think I'm getting better at it. I think my next project will be a matching hat, probably the Umbilical Cord Hat from the first Stitch 'N Bitch book.