Friday, March 25, 2011

Finished Knit: Green Magic Slippers

Green Baby Slippers

Pattern: Magic Slippers by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer
Yarn: A small scrap ball of Berroco Comfort in Rabe left over from making Chuck's waffle hat in 2009. 

My first successful baby booties! Well hopefully they are successful, we'll have to see how they fit. I think they should stretch to accommodate various sizes. After attempting the Saartje slippers and not being too happy with all the ends involved, I thought this pattern looked simpler. This is knit flat for the bottom, stitches are picked up for knitting in the round, and then it is just a basic garter stitch with a few decreases. It seemed like a good starting place for booties, and maybe I'll try something fancier for another pair. But I don't have much longer the due date is actually tomorrow, so I need to get my knits shipped off ASAP! 

Look how tiny!:

Green Baby Slippers Green Baby Slippers

And it's always nice to send off something green and mossy looking from the northwest. 

3 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Those are so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks!

laura said...

was wondering if you could point me in the right direction on the pattern- i tried emailing the pattern writer, but haven't heard back. and i'm stuck! i am finished with the sole, and at the 5 stiches part- how do you pick up and knit- or actually, i understand that, but where do you pick up?/ where do you start picking? thanks for any help you can give.