Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finished Knit: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Knot Necklace Knot Necklace

Pattern via Maddycraft, after signing up for an e-mail newsletter. It's a simple I-cord with a button and crochet chain loop for closure, but I have never tried to do a Celtic knot before. It didn't take very long to make at all. The pattern is very clear, providing step-by-step pictures to go along with the directions. Any scrap yarn will do, I happened to have the perfect amount of olive green Vanna's Choice on hand. Although I didn't have any shamrock charms, I did happen to have a gold leaf, which I thought was a fairly good substitute.

I have to say I'm tempted to make more Celtic knots, especially this trivet tutorial from design*sponge. Unfortunately I don't have any rope around...maybe a trip to the hardware store is in order. If I'm going to, I'd better try it before I drink too much green beer! Tying knots after having a few drinks probably produces, um, interesting results...or, more likely, none at all.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Maddy Cranley said...

The Celtic Knot looks great as a necklace and the leaf charm is very appropriate.