Sunday, March 27, 2011

Caturday Market Flowers

Lucy & Flowers Flowers Flowers

Lucy doesn't really seem to like it when I put a camera in her face and yet somehow whenever I'm taking photos in the apartment she manages to stick her nose in it. Which is okay because she's adorable. 

Anyway, I made it through the first market somehow managing to resist purchasing a bouquet but we knew that wouldn't last long. Most likely I was distracted by the vegan treats. Mainly daffodils right now, although I was also tempted by the booth selling bouquets of hellebores, and others with everlasting bouquets and wreaths. I might have been satisfied with a simple bunch of just daffodils, but this bouquet seemed like such an interesting choice of colors, purples and yellows, and for only $7!

We also bought leeks this week, a nice salad mix, and split a vegan treat from Black Sheep Bakery. I saw some lovely cabbage and bok choy, which I am going to think about finding some uses for this week so I can maybe get some of those next weekend! We went later in the day this week, and it looked like they were really selling out of goods. I think that means that Portland is really excited that the market is back!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Love the whiskery cat photo and the spring daffies!