Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're Waiting....

I finally got the nerve to call and inquire about my couch yesterday. My couch was ordered way back in June and since I confirmed the color sample shortly thereafter I haven't really heard a peep from Crate & Barrel. So the last few weeks I was thinking I should really call and check on it. But I was nervous about this idea. I feared somehow the would tell me that I hadn't approved the swatch and they hadn't bothered to call or put the thing into production so I would have to continue waiting another 8-10 weeks. And it would be my own fault somehow. But I called yesterday and was told "by the end of the month." whew. Sorta...that's still a couple of weeks away.

My Dad Hypothesized yesterday that it's being shipped from China or something. I really don't know enough about how C&B operates to know. I just know I wasn't happy with my in stock fabric options of brown & white and accepted the fact that meant it might take this long. I'm still pretty happy with my choice, I think. It should be an awesome couch...if it ever gets here.

Though I should mention I had a nightmare about it a few weeks back. The color is called "loden" which was the same color name of the yarn I used in the tote I knitted recently. Which was a green. Then I mentioned the color name to my Mom, who always knows things like this, who said "well that's a green." My couch is gray though. A nice light gray. And I've woken up at 3am at least twice to check the swatch. So it'd be really nice if the couch got here so I could sleep...

No comments: