Tuesday, October 2, 2007

First Go at Packaging


First Go at Packaging
Originally uploaded by emmakat79

First Go at Packaging
Originally uploaded by emmakat79

I made my first real attempt at cute packaging. Okay, so in the photo I wasn't quite ready to seal it off with the sticker yet, but the plain paper draft of the sticker made a fine stand in. I can see where there's room to improve, but overall I'm content. I originally wanted the blue folder to wrap all the way around to the front, but I don't really want to have to bump up to a larger paper size to accomplish that. A little bit of the brown peaking out isn't too bad. But I won't mind if I manage to come up with a clever way to do what I wanted.

Chuck & I also took some nice pictures of what I think is one of my more geeky architect style necklaces. This time I thought up the backdrop, a page from David Byrne's Arboretum. The next idea I have for a backdrop is graph paper...or is that going too far? I think it'll work.


Branches
Originally uploaded by emmakat79

1 comment:

Sara said...

I suppose there is always "room for improvement" but really I can't see it here!
Your packaging is BEAUTIFUL!
I love that your whole shop and biz is really well thought out and consistent with your color scheme.
Blues and browns are always lovely.
You are such an inspiration to get my shop in gear - thanks Emma!