Saturday, January 22, 2011

Portlandia: Did you watch it?

The first episode of Portlandia premiered last night on IFC. Did you read watch it? I find it pretty interesting to watch anything filmed in a city I'm reasonably familiar with, but the fact that this is a comedy show all about life in Portland makes it extra special. I've already watched the clips countless times, especially the Dream of the 90s song. It seems as incredibly appropriate song to start off the 6 show season. It strikes me to be a return to the kind of comedy shows I remember from the 90s like The State and Kids in the Hall. Maybe that has a little something to do with the fact that Fred Armisen is frequently in drag.

Anyway, the first episode was on Hulu for about a week, but last I checked it was no longer available there. The show actually aired last night on IFC, but since we don't have cable or a TV (we watch on the internet, like so many people do these days) chances are we will be venturing out to the Mission Theater to catch episodes in the future.

For additional viewing I understand this: http://www.thunderant.com/ was a precursor to Portlandia.

No comments: