Monday, October 18, 2010

Janie & Matt Got Married!

Tom and Janie
It's probably about time I posted a little bit about the wedding I traveled across the country for last weekend. It was great to get to spend time in Columbia, finally get to meet the groom, and help the bride stay as stress-free as possible (I hope I helped!) It all came together brilliantly and everyone who came seemed to have contributed something they were especially passionate about. Janie's Aunt "came out of retirement" to make the cake:

Cake & Uncorking

Janie's Mom collected wedding pictures of both sides' families and displayed them with the dates. Our friend Kim found a Polaroid style fuji camera and film to use to create the picture guest book, strung on a clothesline:
Photos Old & New

I was multi-titled: DJ, AV consultant, resident crafter, backup photographer and moral support. I'm still amazed how well everything went; I wasn't completely sure there would be music until I found the perfect sound system in the second cabin at 2am the night before...
Janie and Lake

The weather forecast was for "abundant sunshine" making for a beautiful day on the lake. Bonfires the night before, last minute runs for supplies, bubbles, croquet, we even put the bride and groom on the lake for just married photos.
Just Married

And someone had to get in the lake, didn't they? It was the perfect temperature.

More photos in my flickr set here.

No comments: