Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's the hold up?

Um, I guess the hold up is that I've been uploading my photos to flickr all week, and not so much blogging. We spontaneously traveled up to Grand Portage, Minnesota last weekend (which is not close, about 11 hours) because the site for Chuck's studio project is a border crossing station up there. It was cold! But it was also really pretty and interesting. I believe that was the first time I've been to Minnesota (excluding the airport.) I was impressed that even a seemingly small town like Grand Marais (near Grand Portage, not as close to the border) had a really nice "Whole Foods" Co-op (Not related in anyway to the grocery store chain) with pleanty of vegan selection. But...it was cold. There was a lot of jumping in and out of the car cause while it was pretty....it was too cold. Yet we did manage a mile long snowshoeing trip to see a frozen waterfall. I'm still working on up loading pics of that, but they should be up early this weekend at the latest! You'll be able to look for them in my Minnesota Border Crossing set.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Gorgeous photos - very atmospheric. They don't even look cold but I believe you when you say it was!

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cool pictures!

Audrey said...

Love the pictures!! Really nice, could be postcards!