Monday, March 3, 2008

Recent Book Purchases


Recent Book Purchases
Originally uploaded by emmakat79
I knew I was in trouble when I walked into a display of Japanese craft books at the Kinokuniya bookstore (part of the Uwajimaya Grocery store complex) this weekend. After much deliberation I selected a knitting book that has some instructions in English. Some. Not much, but I think enough to play around with some of the ideas. And there are some really cool ideas in this book. I love the amount of illustrations, photographic, hand-sketched, diagrammatic, it's all in there. I should be able to figure out something cool, if not exactly per the pictures. First I have to figure out which concept I'm most excited about, which should be difficult. But it's a good dilemma to have.

The other book is a copy of Ulysses by James Joyce. I was really taken by the typeface. Hopefully one day I'll read through the whole thing, I figured an attractive copy might make that task a little easier. What can I say...I do judge a book by its cover...but only to a point.

No comments: