Thursday, March 11, 2010

Green Finished Sweater

Little Green Sweater

Yesterday I finished the Little Green Sweater pictured above. I actually started this ages ago, back in August 2009, and picked it up again more recently in an attempt to eliminate my collection of U.F.O.s. In actuality, I started over. I was attempting to take a pattern written for front & back pieces and knit it in the round, but I was unhappy with how the sides were meeting up. It's a good thing that I decided to start over, because once I pulled the first try off of the needles I found out it was gigantic, so I bumped it down a size. I had okay gauge, but I guess I tend to think my size is larger than it actually is, and I suppose I forget about the whole ease thing with knits.

So though it looks like this took me forever on ravelry it was really only about a 2-3 week project. (many of my projects seem to become long term ufos for some period of time...) And the timing is fortuitous, you know I'm going to wear this next week on St. Patrick's day! Next UFO up on my list, I swear, is to finally finish Chuck's sweater, all it needs is some seaming, and he might have a few more cool days on which it would be useful, before spring sets in.

The pattern is Little Blue Sweater, by Simona Merchand-Dest from Interweave Knits Fall 2008. I used up most of the 6 balls of GGH Samoa, which I picked up at a sale at the Fiber Gallery back in Seattle. I believe they were on sale because the color had been discontinued, so I've very pleased I could find a project that worked out well for the amount of yarn I grabbed!

And lastly, just another little reminder again that you can find me over on tumblr too, where I'm posting much more frequently because it's quick and easy and I'm supposed to be studying for tests....

2 comments:

benbes said...

that is a good quality sweater and the color is amazing, good work
sweater cardigan

VeganCraftastic said...

Looks awesome on you, love the color, great job!