Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Review of Today's Snow

Initially I saw a report that there would be 6-12 inches of snow by friday and I kind of freaked out. (You may have noticed on my twitter) We've lived here through one winter season and somehow survived. I was not sure I was ready for more of it.

But went out to the post office downtown anyway (my favorite spot, surrounded by Mies Buildings, punctuated with the bright red of the Alexander Calder sculpture...it always looks photogenic.) I was very pleased that it was a nice lovely fat snowfall, and extra thrilled about how it was sticking to the Calder. I disregarded the weather, slipped around a bunch on the slippery plaza, and took a bunch of pictures.

I'm not crazy about snow. When we lived in Seattle I explained to my parents that we would go snowshoeing, which was like visiting snow when you felt like it rather than having to deal with it in your daily city life. But, after all, I grew up in the Midwest so I suppose that means I'll always be able to manage. But take note snow, I prefer the type of snowfall we had today! (More pics of the Calder in the snow here)

No comments: