Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Portland Walks: Washington Park Flowers & Leaves

Hydrangea

We took such a pretty walk in Washington Park over the weekend, and I managed to get some very nice pictures (if I do say so myself!) of flowers and autumn leaves. A walk up in Washington Park is always satisfying and we should really do it more often. 

Last Leaf Roses

Oh and the new Tom Waits Album, Bad As Me, is out and it's so good. The track that features Keith Richards is called The Last Leaf. I listened to the fresh air interview with Tom Waits this week, and I loved hearing him talk about the inspiration for the song, one last leaf that if it hangs on can maybe make it through the season. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the leaf above! 

We also strolled through the Rose Garden again, and there are still many roses in bloom. More pictures here. I wish I could remember some the names of the varieties so I could label the rosesbetter, but there are so many. I know at least one of the ones I photographed was the Julia Child hybrid.

Black and White Berries Hydrangea & Urn

And I don't know what these berries are, but they are pretty. Most of them were mostly white, but I really liked the gradient on several of the larger bundles. And another Hydrangea picture, at one time they were my favorite flower. But now I have many favorites! 

No comments: