Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrations and so forth

Happy Mother's Day, and Happy 50th anniversary of the birth control pill. A good day for mothers and non-mothers alike! Also celebrating Chuck completing his Master of Architecture degree, Friday he finished off the last of the work, though we will have to wait until next weekend to make it official, with the graduation ceremony. Chuck won't like it, but I'm going to take lots of pictures. Friday night I picked up some Arrogant Bastard Ale, which I felt was quite appropriate for the M.Arch grad! I almost didn't get it, because I wasn't sure if it was vegan or not, but fortunately I was able to quickly look it up on my phone. (The website Barnivore is a handy resource for vegans, and anyone who might be helping a vegan celebrate.)

Need just a little more yarn...
In other news, I'm currently stalled on my most recent knitting project because I ran out of yarn. I knew when I started this project I knew I was pretty likely to have this problem...I just really wanted to make this project, and this was the most suitable yarn in my stash. I thought I'd roll the dice, there was a small chance I'd have just enough. I have about half a sleeve left, not much. So I guess the color, Rowan calmer in color #481 Coffee Bean, has actually been discontinued...I bought the yarn early on in my knitting career in Seattle, for a completely different project that didn't work out. So I've been looking into (and bugging) people on ravelry as well as online retailers. The color is available, but in the end I may have to just go for it and buy it in a different dye lot. It's only a little bit of the sleeve....hopefully it won't be too noticeable...

Lastly there are some new necklaces in the shop this weekend!

3 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

I'm always so paranoid about running out of yarn, I don't think it's happened to me yet though!

p.s. the link to your shop at the end of your post doensn't work, you put .con instead of .com :)

Unknown said...

Ha, thanks for the heads up on the link!

Yeah, you know, it's not a problem I've had before either, come to think of it! I usually buy what the pattern calls for and end up with plenty extra, which I guess is why I thought I might slide by with this one! So close, I probably won't even use a whole ball.

Leslie said...

Love your green necklace. As for the dye lot, if you do find the Rowan color and it doesn't match exactly, you might consider taking out the rib of the finished sleeve and finish the other sleeve to the ribbing, then do both rib finishes in the new yarn. Leslie