Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sewing experiments

Ikea/Jansdotter Bag
I made this well over a month ago and never got around to posting about it here on the blog. It was a fun and easy project from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing. Though it was a bit time consuming for me, filled practically a whole weekend. I like how it turned out, although I think if I did it again (which I've been considering, hopefully it will go faster on take two) I would like to start experimenting with interfacing to give it some stiffness. But I had enough success with the project to propel the purchase of said interfacing, as well as attempt an impromptu (patternless) tank top right away. Which turned out well, but I made it quite hastily, without tying up loose ends as I went, so it remains incomplete, since that seems to be a major task. When I get around to doing that, I'll post pictures.

3 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cute, I love the fabric!

Unknown said...

it's Ikea!

Kelly said...

I made this bag for my sister. I had plain fabric on the outside and thought it was a little drab so I did some stitching on the newspaper pocket to liven things up. I love that book.