Monday, August 24, 2009

French Water Show

Bike on water

Timing has been working out very well for me lately. I've been very busy! Anyway, an example of this is the fact that I found out about a free show out at navy pier Sunday morning. It turned out it was scheduled for Friday and Saturday, so I would've missed it. But there were technical issues that caused them to reschedule the event for last night. So we made it!

It's thanks to Chicagoist that we made it, you can read about the troupe of French "waterfools" (that was the name of the show) here. It reminded me a little of Le Petit Prince to start with only a few characters, one of whom was setting up street lamps on the water. It also reminded me of the Fremont Solstice festival...the performance part...which typically follows the parade or naked bike ride. Of course it was definitely it's own thing, with fireworks, fire, cars, boats, and all kinds of crazy stuff going on. Very glad I found the most interesting way possible to spend our Sunday night!