Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stringy Inspiration

Blue Embroidery

Grabbed a new Treasury this morning. Took it as an opportunity to explore some of the embroidery type work on Etsy. And naturally it is blue because I do enjoy that color. And after seeing this amazing architectural embroidery project over on craftster embroidery is a subject that's been on my mind. I've thought once or twice about embroidering floor plans before. Closest I got was once binding a photo album with an abstracted linear map-like binding. That was a lot of work. Anyway, In the process of looking through the work over on Etsy I found this cool shop seapod, full of ameoba and so forth. Fun, reasonably priced brooches that would make cute & unique stocking stuffers. Actually upon making this treasury I realized that embroidery crafts generally seem pretty affordable! And because I'm enamored with my latest find, here are a few more from Seapod:



4 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

Hi! Just found u through Design Sponge - love your blog and will be back often! We're vegan too! :) Hey I wanted to chase u down and ask where u saw the cork sidekick shell?? I've searched but alas no luck...sure would appreciate it! TU!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, I happened to stop in a t-mobile store the other day and saw that cork shell there. I looked a little on their site the other day and didn't see it, so it might've been a store only option?

Unknown said...

Also thanks for stopping by! :)

Youniquely Chic said...

Hello! Your items are beautiful! Just wanted to tell you!

Tara