Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom Inspired Knitting

Over the weekend we went to see director Wes Anderson's new movie Moonrise Kingdom. It's really good, very pretty with many things I could obsess over. I've started with the Narrator's mitts. I haven't found any great pictures of them yet, but they were fingerless, black and white, and stranded color-work knitting. And I think they did have a floral motif, while still managing to look masculine. I loved that his costume gave him a back story; I imagined his wife at home knitting elaborate gifts for him while he explored the island. I was inspired to pull together a collection of Moonrise Kingdom knits today. Most of these are free patterns, with the exception of the amazing & adorable raccoon knits at the bottom. But they are so cute!:

 


 

Suzy Bishop:

 

Khaki Scouts:

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the hand coverings. We watched "We Bought a Zoo" w/neighbors recently & the female characters have some really great knits & other neat clothing as well. Leslie

Leslie said...

I can't figure out this new way to comment so you may be getting double comments but here goes. Thanks for the neat knit images. The female characters in "We bought a Zoo" wear great knits & other clothing, as well. Sort of ironic since it would have made more sense had they filmed it in Great Britain instead.

Anonymous said...

Oh, clever you. I saw the movie with my husband the other day, and I told him there would be SOMEBODY on the Internet with a mitt pattern to go along with the movie. You are that SOMEBODY!

Emma Nolan said...

Haha, cool, glad I could help!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.
I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come
back down the road. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great posts, have a nice morning!


Here is my web page: School of Nursing's programs

Anonymous said...

на официальном блоге собран огромный выбор [url=http://www.filmkpktut.ru/]телефонов бесплатно[/url].